Help with a complaint about the NHS
Merseyside and Cheshire Healthwatch Advocacy
Do you have a complaint about the care and/or treatment you have received from the NHS? We can help you.
Although most people using the health service are happy with their care and treatment, things can sometimes go wrong. If you're not satisfied with the service you've experienced from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or other NHS provider, you are entitled to complain about it.
We can help you make this complaint, by providing a free, confidential and independent service designed to help you understand your rights and make informed choices.
Working with Merseyside and Cheshire Independent Healthwatch Advocacy we can provide a qualified advocates who can support you to:
- explore the options available at every stage of the complaints procedure
- provide confidential support from someone who is independent of the NHS
- write effective letters to the right people
- prepare for meetings and maybe even go with you
- contact and speak to third parties if required
We also offer a range of 'self-help' materials if you do not need the support of an advocate but want some advice on the best way to make a complaint.
Helpline number: 0808 801 0389
Central office number (Liverpool) 0151 298 3267
Email address - email@example.com