Helping you to find services
We give you information about the care choices you have and help you to navigate the health and care system.
The health and care system can be very complicated. People are often unaware of what services there are or how best to access them.
We want you to have access to the best quality local care, and for all your care to be joined up. Knowing what is available is the first vital part of this.
You might have questions like:
- How can I find an NHS dentist?
- Can I get help or adaptations to allow me to live safely at home for longer?
- How do I change my GP?
- Can I get help to pay for care at home?
- How can I find a good care home?
- What help is available so that I can have a good quality of life despite my health condition?
- Where do I start to find the help I need?
Call us for information or help to find the services that are right for you.
Call us: 0300 77 77 007. Calls cost the same as to a local landline number. We can call you back to keep your bill down.
Text us: 07842 552 878
E mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call in to see us: 4th Floor, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH
We're open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
What to expect when you call
Sometimes people aren't sure what it is that they are looking for or what services might be out there to help. We are happy to listen and take it at your pace. If you are worried about the call cost, we can take your number and call you back.
If your enquiry is straight-forward we may be able to give you the information you need when you call. If your situation is more complex, we may need to do some research to find the best options and get back to you with the information you need.
We are not a call centre and you won't have to deal with lots of call menus if you call – you will speak to one of our Information Workers who will listen to your situation and find information to help you.
We do not provide Health or Care services ourselves but we have access to a lot of information and contacts and can use these to try to suggest options for your situation.
Keeping your enquiry confidential
We keep a record of the enquiries we deal with. This helps us make sure we give the best service we can. We keep the information you give us confidential. There are some situations in which we might need to share information you give us.
If you want us to refer you to a service we will need to give them some of your information. We will talk to you first to check what information you are happy for us to share.
On rare occasions, if there was a serious risk to yourself or to someone else, we may need to share information to try to prevent harm.
We share statistical information with partner organisations to help us monitor what we do. We do not share information which could identify individual people.
If you call us again in future it is useful to tell us that you have called before. We can then check what information we have already given you and see what else might be useful.
We aim to make our service as accessible as possible. For example:
- To help people who are not confident communicating in English, we can access Language Line or arrange an interpreter.
- People who are deaf of hard or hearing can contact us via Type Talk, text or email and we can arrange an appointment with a BSL interpreter if needed.
- People who would prefer to talk to us face to face can arrange to pop in to the office to discuss their situation.
If you have any access requirements, please let us know how we can best help you.
There are various directories of health and social care services. If you know what you are looking for and want to look for help yourself you might find this page helpful >>
Interested in the work of Healthwatch Liverpool?
There are many ways that you could help us to reach more people:
- Tell people about our service
- Order some of our cards and posters to hand out or display where people might see them
- Invite us to talk to your workplace or community group
- Add a service or activity to our directories so that more people can find the help they need
- Volunteer with us - we need volunteers to help with many areas of our work. To find out more click here.