Public Health England and the NHS have teamed up to promote the new 'Help Us Help You' campaign to reduce pressure on health services this winter.
- Make sure you get your flu jab.
- Keep your home at 18°C (65°F) or higher if you can.
- Take advantage of financial schemes and discounts to help you pay for heating.
- Visit your local pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell with the symptoms of a respiratory winter illness.
- Look out for other people who may need a bit of extra help over the winter.
They're also promoting the NHS 111 service. If you think you might need medical help right now you can call 111. Their fully trained advisors are available 24 hours a day and can put you straight through to healthcare professionals.