Although most people using the health service are happy with their care and treatment, things can sometimes go wrong. If you're not satisfied with the service you've experienced from a hospital, doctor, dentist, local surgery or other NHS provider, you are entitled to complain about it.
We can help you make this complaint, by providing a free, confidential and independent service designed to help you understand your rights and make informed choices.
We can help you to:
- explore the options available at every stage of the complaints procedure
- provide confidential support from someone who is independent of the NHS
- write effective letters to the right people
- prepare for meetings and maybe even go with you
- contact and speak to third parties if required
For more information, or to discuss your NHS complaint, get in touch.
Resources to help you make a complaint
We know that making a complaint about NHS or social care services can be confusing. With that in mind, we have created a 'Self help information pack' to guide you through the process.