Clinicians at the two trusts believe they can improve patient care by becoming one organisation that would be responsible for managing services at Aintree University Hospital, the Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital and Liverpool University Dental Hospital, which would all keep their existing names after the merger.
They have been working together on recommendations to bring services together for a number of years and are now inviting the public to comment on what the trusts could achieve by working together and share their views on how services can be improved.
The plans for the proposed merger would see the new organisation, which would be called Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, formed in October. This is subject to the decision making process of NHS regulators, which need to assess the plans.
Events, which are open to everyone, are being held on the following dates:
- 10 May, 10.00am – 12.30pm, The Accelerator Building, Prescot Street, L7 8XP
- 14May, 1.00pm – 3.30pm, Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, L1 3BT
- 17 May, 10.00am – 12.30pm, Bootle Cricket Club, Wadham Road, L20 2DD
- 12 June, 6.00pm – 8.30pm, The Boardroom, Aintree Lodge, Aintree University Hospital, Lower Lane, L9 7AL
- 13 June, 10.00am – 12.30pm, The Old Schoolhouse, St.John’s Road, Huyton, L36 0UX
More events are being planned, details of which will be available at www.comingtogetherforpatientsliv.nhs.uk or by calling 0151 529 6642.