On 21 June 2018 we visited Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital and spoke to patients and their families about the care that they receive there.
We made the following observations and recommendations:
- The most positive feedback was about the staff and the care and treatment provided.
- A large majority of patients said that staff had enough time for them, and that they had been given enough information by the hospital.
- There were some suggestions for improvements to the outpatients department, which were fed back to the hospital on the day of our visit.
- Feedback about the accessibility to, and getting around in the hospital was a bit more mixed
- Patients gave an average overall rating of 4.7 stars out of 5.