As part of this ongoing conversation and in response to feedback from previous engagements they are launching a new city-wide campaign aimed at improving care for patients in Liverpool with communication needs.
The 5 Rights campaign will remind both NHS patients and staff of the rights that everyone has when accessing healthcare services – including those who rely on braille, BSL, or other interpretation services.
The campaign highlights how the NHS is required to follow 5 important steps when providing care to anyone who is D/deaf, blind, visually impaired, has speech or language difficulties, or any other communication need.
- Ask if you have any communication needs.
- Record those needs on your health records.
- Ensure that those needs are easily visible on your records.
- Share those needs with other services if you are being referred.
- Make sure those needs are met as part of ALL care.